Breathing has been shown to help many aspects of physical, mental, emotions, and spiritual well being. Almost all healing and wellness practices include breathing techniques – ranging from very simple to very technical and directed.
A major aspect of Qigong practice is breathing. In fact, some forms of Qigong are only breathing exercises practiced while sitting or laying down. This form is quite good to practice, especially when we are lacking in time
The ancient Qigong practitioners observed the incredible benefit breathing had, on the body for encouraging complete healing, and preventing illness.
Benefits of Breathing
Here are a few benefits of breathing practices:
- Reduce stress levels in your body and mind
- Lower your heart rate, balance blood pressure
- Reduce depression, anxiety, balance emotions
- Manage chronic pain
- Better regulate your body’s reaction to stress and fatigue
- Reduce the possibility of burnout for caregivers
The great thing is, breathing practice do not have to be complicated! Here is a simple Qigong breathing technique that will leave you feeling relaxed and energized!
This short Qigong routine uses a very common exercise that is great to practice anytime of day. You can practice:
- in the morning to energize and wake up
- mid day to reduce ‘busy-ness’ and lower stress
- in the evening so you sleep deeply and peacefully
- when you want to be here and now – in the Present
And possibly my favourite reason… practice to feel good!
Practice this routine once a day, and I am sure you will notice your better, more stable energy and emotions.
If you are looking for other supportive Qigong routines you can try:
Qigong Meditation for Rest and Healing – a 15 minute practice
Qigong Routine for Healing – a wholistic, gentle way to encourage the healing effect of the body
Clarity – a wonderfully balancing practice to help nourish the liver, kidneys, and the eyes (in the Communi-Qi)
Or you can always explore the 30 Days of Qigong in the Communi Qi which will take you on a journey that will build and move your qi in all areas!
Be well, breathe deeply, and keep your qi moving smoothly!